Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Busy American Family

What a busy month it's been! We have had to deal with getting back into the swing of the school year, as well as juggle dance, piano, chorus, plus the addition of french horn lessons.

And now we have added home renovation on top of it all. Mom and Gordy are at "The House" (we have begun refering to my Uncle Bob's house as "The House" instead of "Bob's House") and are working hard on cleaning and renovating. We spend our weekends and evenings with them. I'm getting excited as things have started coming together. There is new flooring in the kitchen and the appliances come tomorrow. I wish I had some pictures to share, but they are still in the digicam, and I would rather have Jenn share all of the details.

In the meantime I just wanted to let everyone know that we are, in fact, still alive.

On top of all of this, Jenn has a play which her students are going to be putting on sometime in October, and my job responsibilities have morphed slightly, causing some stress. My department has absorbed the computer programmers in the Customer Support department, which means we are now responsible for all new development and maintenance of my company's newest software. Yes, I am being intentionally vague since my contract forbids me from talking about my work online. :) Sorry. Since Monday, four new programmers have moved down to our little cubicle farm, and somewhere along the line my computer lost its network connection, which means I was completely useless today. Although the prospect of not having to work may seem fun, since I had 20 open issues I was dealing with I would have rather been able to work. :( I finally did get network connectivity reestablished (at least partially!), so I will be able to get back to work tomorrow.

Hopefully things will begin to calm down, although that may not happen until after we've moved in to the new house. *sigh*

0 comments: