Thursday, July 03, 2008

Dorney Day

We had put off buying our Dorney passes because we wouldn't be around to use them, so the kids were so excited to finally head to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom for the day. We were going to meet Barry and the girls there, but it turned out Barry had a meeting. So we played alone for a little while before Barry dropped the girls off.
Kairi and I braved the Wild Mouse, and Nicky and I rode Thunder Canyon. I personally don't get how Kairi can be afraid of water on her head if she rides roller coasters, or how Nicky can fear a little height when nearly drowning doesn't bug him, but whatever.
Fortunately, we all like the Music Express!
When the girls got here, it was back on the merry-go-round.


And then Barry left me with all five kids. Unfortunately, due to variations in height and willingness to ride certain rides, that caused a lot of situations like this - Nicky and Juli waiting while everyone else rode, or Kairi keeping an eye on Juli so that I could accompany Faith on a ride, because Dorney doesn't consider Kai a "responsible person", or having to ride in two shifts.
But we still managed to get a lot of laughs.
And Hannah got to ride on nearly everything.I swear, we didn't coordinate their outfits...
See, look - Juli's wearing turquoise.
When Barry got back, we headed to the waterpark.

And Nicky suddenly found his brave - turns out his love of water overcomes his fear of heights. He now loves waterslides - as long as they're completely enclosed!

0 comments: