Thursday, August 07, 2008

What A Zoo!

We took the zoo to the zoo today. My sister Angie is in town with her husband Jeff and their youngest, Christopher. (Their older two are out of high school and stayed home.) I haven't seen her in 17 years, so it was wonderful to have them here. My mom and my other sister Cyndy and her family joined us, so we were a party of 13 for the three days they were here. Talk about chaos! But we had such a great time. The picture above is Christopher. He's only two, believe it or not, but he's much bigger than his three year old cousin Faith.
We got to the zoo really early. No one had been particularly thrilled to get out of bed and on our way by 7 AM, but we mostly managed it. Cyndy and Barry beat us all to our rendezvous point, though!

The kids enjoyed the benefits of our membership - lots and lots of free animal rides! Faith laughed the whole time on the draft horse, sandwiched between Hannah and Nick.
And Christopher, who was a bit shy, had no problem hanging out with his cousin Kairi as long as they were on horseback!
The Treehouse was a hit too - I've never seen my kids actually enjoy the place so much. I guess the built in playmates helped!
Although Cyndy may not appreciate it, I love this shot of her with Mom - they both look so relaxed and happy. Of course, this was before we had all towed 6 kids, two strollers, three backpacks and a myriad of cameras all around the zoo!
We stopped in to feed the birds. It didn't go so well for Nick this time. Mommy was too busy defending the littler ones to notice this lorikeet infringing his personal space! (Until I took the picture.)
Not to mention, somehow, with all the little people to take pictures of, this is the only shot I have from the day of my sister Angie. But, like I said, we had several cameras going, so I know I'll get a few more on CD.
Christopher really liked the birds. But then, he really likes pirates, and what's a pirate without a colorful parrot?
Even Faith got into the action - after we circled back around so she could go through again. Had to throw this picture of Kairi in here. Somedays, I'm just struck by how pretty she really is. How the heck did she get so darn big??
QUICK! Get a picture! They're all together for 8 milliseconds! Okay, that's over.

More pony riding... Hannah looks adorable,
Christopher looks thrilled...
Faith's just angelic!
Kairi concurs that Nicky belongs on the animal side of the fence, I think.We actually skip the petting zoo, usually, but with all these little ones that just wasn't an option.


Oh yeah. And we saw animals. There's a concept!


0 comments: