Saturday, September 27, 2008

Rainy Days and Fridays

He looked muddier in person, let me assure you. And we all look pretty wet, after several weeks of rainy, rainy football games. Seems like it can be clear and dry all week - but if it's time for a football game, it's time for rain. We got COMPLETELY soaked at one downpour filled home game where RCN filmed Kai standing on the sidelines, leaning on her crutches, playing her horn... and DRIPPING with rain. In fact, the band abandoned ship after halftime, it was so wet. This week's games were more of a constant, annoying drizzle. Still wet, but less pelting. Nicky didn't mind though. In fact, after I took this picture, he rolled in the mud, saying he wasn't muddy enough. *sigh*

I keep thinking I should spend the money to buy a big Panthers umbrella. Cause that would either guarantee that it wouldn't rain again so that I would waste my money, but stay dry, or it would be really helpful next time the sky opens up.

It's also hard to look forward to the games when the high school panthers have lost every home game and the 80 lb. Panthers have lost them all. (And scored 2, count them, 2 touchdowns all season!) But Nicky's having fun, and making his tackles and blocks, so I guess that's what counts!

Plus, he got to be team captain and go out for the coin toss this week, which is still pretty cool!

0 comments: