I got to go with the band to Baltimore's Inner Harbor before their competition at Annapolis. It was so much fun! We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day, and the band kids had a blast wandering around the aquarium and shops.

The dolphin show was a big hit. One of these days, I really have to get to Discovery Cove and try that swimming with dolphins thing - it looks so fun for this trainer!

We spent some of the day with Meg and Shania and her mom. We kept getting split up in the crowds, though, so eventually Kai and I went our own way.

And since it's Kai we're talking about, you can assume our own way meant the way of the frog!


We did see a FEW fish...

And this beautiful butterfly hanging around the harbor.

When it was time for lunch, we were tempted by the Hard Rock Cafe.

But we were glad we decided on Potbelly's when we heard the guitarist who was playing live folk versions of popular songs in the dining room. Including, appropriately, the Beatles "Day Tripper". (Well, if you take it LITERALLY. I know the song is not actually about day trips. Sheesh.)

A quick group photo and we were back on the bus, headed for the USSBA Marine Corps Invitational.
0 comments:
Post a Comment