Monday, April 13, 2009

Wild Spring

The day after Easter, the kids and I had the day off. Since Hannah was in town all week, we thought we'd take her and Faith (Juli didn't fit in the car) and take a springtime trip to the zoo. To make it more fun, I let the kids do most of the photography. So I'm actually in a few of these shots. The whole zoo was blooming. Philly is just south enough that the trees and flowers have a good head start on the ones in the Lehigh Valley.

We didn't let the girls pick any flowers, but picking fallen flowers off the ground is okay.
I think Nicky did a nice job of composition with this shot of the statue. Although the subject matter is a bit violent.
And since the lion really was THAT close, I can see why this shot got blurry.
See? Really close up with nature!
The prairie dogs were really active in this weather.
And apparently, it was just warm enough to ride on the swan boats!
Kairi and Hannah did a great job steering themselves, too.
I snagged the camera back to take some shots of the traditional face painting.



Then it was time to hope the birds didn't mistake colorful faces for food in the lorikeet feeding cage.

Speaking of food... where's lunch?

Another Nicky picture... he might end up being a pretty good photographer!
But I don't think Kai aspires to sheep farming.
But when adults see kids taking pictures, they sometimes offer a shot "all together". Too bad we can't all look in the same direction!
After a long day at the zoo, everyone was tuckered out. I wish I could have slept on the way home instead of fighting traffic on the Schuylkill!

0 comments: