Saturday, October 24, 2009

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

Nicky insisted that his Halloween costume this year be a replica of the famous Charlie Brown ghost costume. If anyone asks him who he is supposed to be, he's planning to say, "I had a little trouble with the scissors." It's a bit silly, but it came out cute, and he's thrilled with it.
Still, if you're going to have a Charlie Brown, you need a great pumpkin! Fortunately, I saved a paper mache sphere I didn't get to use during Vacation Bible School. When the girls came over, and I didn't have anything Halloween for them to do, it was easy to add a cardboard tube to the top and call it a pumpkin. Just add orange paint!
Nick isn't actually going to use it as part of his costume. He's already got an accessory - a Snoopy in full WWI flying ace regalia. So we let the girls take it home. Hopefully, it's sunny tomorrow and they can get their real pumpkins from the patch. We've had rain every weekend since we got to go, and they're really jealous of our pumpkins! (That's because our pumpkin patch is REAL sincere.)

0 comments: