Friday, November 20, 2009

A Minor Christmas Catastrophe

We wanted to do something fun with the kids last weekend, but we weren't sure what. Then we stopped for coffee at Dunkin' Donuts and saw flyers advertising Hershey Park's Christmas Candylane. For about $40, all four of us could have access to rides and holiday fun all over the park with the exception of the roller coasters. So we hopped in the car and headed over.

We had tons of festive fun, from the train ride through lighting displays to the strolling bands playing Christmas songs. We also enjoyed some favorite rides like Scrambler, the Kissing Tower, and the Reese's Extreme Cup Challenge. The entire park was wonderfully decorated.
Unfortunately, no sooner did we arrive at the park than my digital camera, which had been dying for weeks, bit the dust. The drive for the lens is completely shot, and the shutter won't open. So I grabbed a tossaway camera with (gasp!) film.



Every picture I took after that point is, well, frankly horrible. I didn't want to spend a fortune to replace the camera right before Christmas, but we needed something. So, for the price of a tossaway film camera plus developing, I bought a digital camera on eBay. I knew it was a downgrade from my old digital. In fact, it's the same model I had for my FIRST digital camera. What I had forgotten was how lousy that camera really was! Still, it will be better than nothing for the holiday season, or until we can afford to get me the camera I really want.

Or maybe Santa will bring me the Canon PowerShot SX20IS with 20X Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5 Inch Articulating LCD.

Or a pony.

0 comments: