Everyone finally talked me onto Facebook. In some ways, it's great. I get to connect with people (like my cousins) who I would normally never see. But the more time I spent on Facebook, the less I spent on the blog. It's so much faster, and so many more people actually see what I have to say.
Then I started scrapping again. I hadn't scrapped in months, mostly because I never have the time. But I got a beautiful new Cricut for Christmas, and I've done 40+ pages since then. Unfortunately, I'm nearly 3.5 years behind. So I keep turning to the blog to remind me of what we did and when 3.5 years ago. And I realized, I don't just keep this blog to keep Grandma in the loop, or to show off my pictures online. The blog keeps track of the journalling I don't have time to do when I take pictures. And I'm so behind, I'll never get caught up. So by the time I scrap these memories, they may not be memories unless I blog about them here. So I'm changing this blog's purpose. It's going to be a bit more journally, and more for me. Probably no one will wander over from Facebook, and that's okay. I will have it for when I need it. And that's good enough.
So here I go, post-dating this entry, and then tons of others for December - February. Because some July 4 years from now, I may want to know what I thought and did and *gasp* felt in 2010-11.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Facebook Nearly Killed The Blog
Posted by Jenn at 5:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment