We were hammered with snow days in January this year. We had several days for minor amounts of snow. One day, I was so sick of school being cancelled that we took a trip to the zoo. I posted those pics on facebook, but here's one for reference:
Every time we turned around, it was snowing. Or sleeting. Or freezing rain. Or more snow. We had days off in a row. It was crazy.
Districts started not calling off for the little amounts. So it started snowing feet at a time. Now we were stuck in the house AND off from school. And Kai's finals kept getting pushed back farther and farther.
By the time all was said and done, the kids were actually begging to go back to school.
No luck. Next we had a major ice storm.
The worst was yet to come, for me at least. In the end, we had so many snow days that the district took away the Monday before and after Easter from our spring break! Now I'll have a weekend, a SINGLE day of school, and Tuesday - Sunday off that week. How crazy is that??
0 comments:
Post a Comment