Monday, November 13, 2006

House Odds and Ends

I'm going to post pictures of the house at the voiceferous demand (um I mean polite request! Yeah, that's it...) of family and friends. I'm going to kind of post backward so that reading down the page, you start with my favorite rooms and work down to the random bits. So we'll start (end?) with bathrooms and halls and laundry walls, oh my!

Here's the view into the "master" bathroom. Sort of tiny and puny - there's just a shower and toilet around the corner, but it gets the job done. Still need to do some decorating, but I'm trying to tone down the YELLOW with some dark blues. Basically, this room got cleaned and the toilet, medicine chest and sconces were replaced during the remodel.

Here's the kids' bathroom. The whole floor had to be repaired, replaced with linoleum, the vanity, toilet, medicine cabinet and sconces replaced. The silly shower curtain is a concession to the kids. Obviously, this room still needs some decorating, but again, it works. Plus, we REALLY love the vanity, which Grandpa BUILT.

Here's the stairs and hallway. Some very nasty carpet was ripped up from the stairs, the banister was replaced, and as with ALL of the house, it was painted. The quilt on the wall is my mom's gorgeous tribute to Monet. Love that quilt.

I already shared my new laundry room, but we added this place for the kids' bookbags on the wall opposite the dryer and washer. I thought it was kinda cute, so what the heck, here's a picture. (You'll find I took lots of random house pictures....)

3 comments:

Robin said...

Cute hooks. This is the same exact spot where we have hooks for the girls' backpacks and coats.

holly said...

The stairs look great w/ the wood floors. I'm jealous. I love the hooks. I feel like Spencer's stuff never has a "home".

~~Lu~~ said...

Love all the hardwood floors! Lucky you!! lol
The backpck hooks are a great idea!