We love decorating for the holidays. A question on Scrappin_FUN a few weeks ago asked if we went "overboard" with decorating. I'll let you all judge.
Here's the entrance of the house. I'm so excited that we have a carriage light now - it looks so cool at Christmas!

As you can see, the tree dominates the living room. We picked the first one we found at the lot that made the kids bend backward to see the top. Our new star isn't very visible in either shot, but it's nearly brushing the ceiling, so no wonder. Under the tree is the gorgeous quilted tree skirt Mom made us. 

Our tree is a hodge podge of ornaments. No themes here! Every single ornament on the tree has a story. Most were made or given by a child. Many are paper, or foam. A few are glass and ceramic. No two really match. Here's a few of our favorites: a CD snowflake made by Nicky in Kindergarten, an angel Kairi made at Advent Workshop, Scott's "Go Eagles!" ball from the year they went to the Super Bowl, and my childhood puppy ornament. Each one is special to us, but classy... it's not.

We've also decorated the living room with lots of our favorite little Christmas items. The nutcracker is Nicky's, new this year. The houses line the windowsill behind the tree, and the bell (with mistletoe inside) is right in the entrance way for maximum kissage. There are a few other scattered decorations, including a Christmas lap quilt, but I think this blog entry has enough pictures as it is!


The stockings were hung.... by the stairway. But hey, in lieu of a fireplace, it's a pretty nice look. The entranceway is also home to our old nativity set and (of course!) a pretty Christmas quilt.

The view from the head of our dining room table is really pretty this time of year! My snowman collection has taken over the hutch and the sideboard bookcase has my new nativity. (Yes, mom, I was VERY CAREFUL when I had the candles lit for this picture.)

We also have some fun wooden reindeer in the kitchen, the kids have covered their rooms in garland and Christmas stuffed animals, and a certain dancing half snowman/ half Christmas tree that "scares" Nicky has been relegated to our room. All in all, the effect is cozy, and only a LITTLE cluttered. At least, I think so - maybe it's a lot cluttered. Oh well!
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Deck the Halls
Posted by Jenn at 4:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jenn, Everything looks great but my favorite is your NEW nativity! LOVE it!
Melissa
Wonderful decorations - everything looks fabulous!! Isn't it great decorating a new home?? I know I've had a blast with it this year. I certainly don't think that anything looks cluttered, and the ornaments - well, sentimental is much more important than classy :)
Your home looks wonderful Jenn. I love that new Nativity you got. I actually collect Nativity scenes and this is by far a beautiful one! Those are carved out of wood right? By Willow Tree? I have a few pieces from them. Love them.
wonderful photos, everything looks so festive!! :-)
Post a Comment