Well, okay. It wasn't really as much fun as I thought taking 200 kids to the Franklin Institute. Too many logistical problems kept getting in the way. But the kids had LOTS of fun, so that counts! Plus, I got a really nice preview for when I take my own kids this summer - our vacation plans are to see Philly and visit the Outer Banks.
The kids in my group especially liked the Sky Bike, and anything that blinked, flashed, or made noise. Yup, 12 year olds are still very young in some ways! We also got to see the King Tut exhibit, see a really amazing IMAX film, and teach students about why we don't buy from street vendors. (sigh)
Since the students learned and enjoyed, and we didn't lose anyone... we'll call this a success! (My headache at the end of the day notwithstanding!)

0 comments:
Post a Comment