Thursday, August 02, 2007

Pieces of Us

It's been a week with a little something for everyone here. We finished up VBS, and were happy with the program - attendance and the reaction of the congregation were both great. The children really glorified God throughout the week, but their closing program was fabulous and inspiring.

As soon as VBS was over, I took off for CKC - the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Valley Forge. I got to meet an on-line friend (Jill) for the first time, and she was such a sweetheart! We had a lot of fun scrapping together and chatting. Here's a shot of us at our (round?!?!) crop table. I also got WAY too much fun scrapping stuff that helped me finish 13 layouts for this week's Scrapathon. Scott's turn was next, although it was a bit unfair he had to wait, as his birthday was on the last day of VBS and I kept the poor guy working all day!! Paid him back on Saturday though - we first headed to a special birthday lunch at Red Robin....
And then went straight to Lehigh for Eagles training camp!! Scott had a GREAT time watching the Eagles practice. (Well, some of them anyway - most of the veterans aren't back yet.) The neatest thing about training camp, in my opinion, is how close fans get to the action. How much would you have to pay for a view as close as this fan is getting at an actual game??

Meanwhile, the kids and I checked out the NFL Experience area - which is basically a huge, free, playland with climbing and sliding and pushing through defenders, plus throwing and catching footballs , and of course, that pastime of wealthy football players - golf!

Seriously, though, we had a great time, and the kids had their pictures taken with "McNabb" (in cardboard form) and made into buttons. Of course, Nicky managed to knock the McNabb cutout down TWICE. Good thing we hadn't told anyone Nicky and I are really Packers fans.... *whistles innocently*
At any rate, we joined Scott for a bit on the REALLY HOT bleachers, ate some italian ice, and decided that while Kolb looked okay....
We're glad to have number five back!

Next was Kairi's turn for some fun. After we revisited the VBS closing program as special music on Sunday, Kai and her good friend Dekonte (who moved, but was back in town for VBS) had a sleepover. We headed to the Promenade for some shopping and fountain splashing, and to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Nicky even wore his quidditch costume, to the stares of passerby.

The next day, we headed to the playground at Sand Island to enjoy the sun and a last few hours with Dekonte. Then, my house was blessedly free of company and to-do lists for a few days. (We LOVED all our company, but it's nice to have a bit of quiet, too, ya know!)

Now, I promised a little something for each of us, and you may be thinking, what about Nicky? Here's the thing. Nicky is so easy going that everything pleases him. Everywhere we went, he had fun. Last night, we went to Dorney and rode a very wet ride in the dark for no reason. He was grinning like crazy and singing "Don't Go for the One" all the way off the ride. But the thing that tickled him the most this weekend tells you something about my crazy, adorable little boy. Kairi is happiest surrounded by friends... I'm happy surrounded by paper and photos.... Scott's happy immersed in football.... but Nicky will laugh for a week on a little picture we like to call "Cat and Mouse".
Would it be nice if everyone were so easily amused??


1 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Jenn, you have the most wonderful children. I adore Nicky's personality... and I'm laughing at the Cat and the Mouse picture too!