Okay. So everyone always says "Where do you find the time, Jenn?" and "Did you actually vacation at all, Jenn?" and other assorted things when I talk about my summer.
But VBS is done. Our trip is over. Band camp doesn't start until next week. And this week, all I have to do is nothing.
That was fun, for a day. Then I finished scrapping every picture I have developed, caught up on the blog, wrote several trip report updates, cleaned the house, did laundry - basically gave myself to-do lists to keep busy. Napped. A lot.
Now I've been doing "nothing" for four days. I'm SOOOO over that.
So today I tried to make up my own cupcake recipe, using bits of this and that. An apple filling recipe from one site. My spice cake recipe I've used since I was a kid. A brown sugar icing recipe (cooked icing, no less) from another site.
The end result was these Apple Spice cupcakes. This was a first attempt - later I hollowed out more of the cupcake with a spoon handle so I could stuff in more apples.
They are good, but I have to say - we had this leftover apple filling. And leftover icing. So we stuck the apples between two tortillas and put them in the quesadilla maker. Then we dipped them in the leftover icing. That was REALLY good.
Good thing I was on a cooking streak and skipped breakfast. Otherwise, I'd feel really guilty about the half cupcake and 1/6 applepiedilla I had. (I'm STILL trying to lose enough weight to not be considered overweight by the old height and weight charts. *sigh*)
Thursday, August 12, 2010
I'm Bored
Posted by Jenn at 1:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment