Friday, August 06, 2010

Let's Go!

Wow! What a week. We had 56 kids at VBS, our highest number ever. I had to keep running to Hackman's for more t-shirts and crafts, and every night, new faces appeared at the registration table. It was wonderful and chaotic, blessed and a little bit crazy. But every kid went away knowing that God's Word is true, comforting, surprising, and life changing. And most importantly, God's Word is for everyone! I wish I had better pictures, but I was so busy I handed the camera off to Scott and forgot to tell him to put the flash back on, so everything's a bit blurry. It was still nice of him to try to get me pictures. If you want to see some more of the week, you can check out the slideshows Ed created on Calvary Baptist's Facebook.
We couldn't have done it without our great volunteers and supportive church family. Now it's time to start saving cardboard rolls - next year, our theme is Panda Mania. We're going to need a LOT of bamboo!

0 comments: