A picture I took of campaigners at the polls for Tuesday's primaries was shown on CNN by Soledad O'Brian and Wolf Blitzer, and was published on the CNN website, too!
It's dorky, but what can you say - I was excited, and my kids at school thought it was cool, too - especially since I mentioned them in the caption. The picture was to illustrate civil politics to my overly argumentative students. It also ended up illustrating that journalism is exciting, which is never a bad deal for an English teacher.
Meanwhile, Scott got to vote in the primaries as a Democrat. I'm independent, so I didn't count. We were both backing Obama, but Clinton took Pennsylvania. Oh well! Since I'm updating this blog after the fact, I know we win eventually! Scott took the kids in the booth with him to show them the voting process. You can see the three pairs of feet sticking out below the curtain. I told them to make sure he voted right!
0 comments:
Post a Comment