When you were a kid, did you ever get just what you wanted for your birthday? Even though it was probably a waste of money? And you would probably outgrow it or hardly play with it? None of that would have mattered to you, because you got JUST what you wanted. That face above is Nicky's I-got-it! face. He saw this really expensive R2 at the Franklin Institute and wanted it so much. It's voice activated and does all sorts of cool things. The logical part of me says he won't get enough use out of it to make it worthwhile. The I know my kid part went on Ebay and made it happen. I think the face is my reward.
He loved all his other presents, too, which was great. Then, he LEFT! His friend was having a slumber party on Nicky's birthday... I wanted Nicky at home, but it was his birthday, and he wanted to go - how do you say no to that?
When we got him back, we took him to Red Robin. He doesn't like cake that much, so the sundae made him happy, and we figured we'd have cake with Pop-pop on the weekend, since we missed Pop-pop's birthday during our Easter flu bout.
And hey, he did play with R2 - at least for a while!
Saturday, April 05, 2008
Someone's Very Happy
Posted by Jenn at 5:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment