When Kairi went on a camping trip with good friend Amanda, and Nicky was at a playdate with Kaan, Scott and I decided to do something fun. We headed for Lake Nockamixon with the intention of renting a canoe. Alas, they don't allow canoe rentals that early in the season because if you capsize, it's very cold water. (We wouldn't have capsized. I've never tipped a canoe, and I've logged hundreds of paddling miles. Okay, I've never tipped a canoe unless I MEANT to.)
Anyway, they offered us kayaks, and we figured, ah, what the heck, how different can it be?
Different. The positioning of your body relative to the paddles is totally different from a canoe. My back and abs were killing me by the time our hour was up. Scott wasn't fond of it either.
From now on we rent canoes. Or maybe some day buy one. But at least I can say I've tried kayaking!
0 comments:
Post a Comment