He's even writing an extra credit report about Lincoln for no particular reason. He insisted we buy a special binder and put a picture in the front cover. He's up to about 6 typed pages. So when I saw that the Lehigh Valley Historical Society had an exhibit on Nicky's favorite president, we had to make the time to stop by.
The museum isn't particularly impressive. Three small exhibits showing Civil War memorabilia, the history of Lehigh County, and a tiny energy display make up the whole collection. But the Lincoln display entranced Nick, as did the dedicated guide who showed us around. He showed us each picture and artifact. Nick was enraptured, and took pictures (or had me take pictures) of everything from the clock that was in Ford's Theater on the night of the assassination to the signature on a Congressional memo.
I don't really know why Nick reveres Abraham Lincoln so much, but how can I object to such an educational interest?
0 comments:
Post a Comment