Yeah. So. I know. We already have two cats. But you see...
Nick took care of his betta. For a whole year. And it was still alive. But you can't pet a fish. He started making noises about how EVERYONE else had a pet. Daddy has Honey, our incredibly stupid Lab. Kairi has Midnight, the aloof and regal empress of a cat who deigns to let the rest of us pet her occassionally, but dotes on Kai. I have Princess, my snuggly lap cat who drapes herself all over me constantly. Nicky. Had a FISH. How unfair is that, Mommy?
So we starting thinking about maybe letting him have a kitten. And then one day in class, I offered an extra credit assignment that many students wanted, but only one could have (because one person was left partnerless for a debate, and someone would need to write 2). They started calling out bribes to get me to pick them (not that I take bribes). One student said, "My cat has kittens..." and I said, "Really?" He said no, he was just kidding at the same time my teacher's aide said "Are you looking for a kitten?" Well, one thing led to another, and to sum up a really long story: This is Angelina, Nicky's cat. (Yes, I know, Mom. I'm nuts.)
You gotta admit, she's got the wildest markings, huh?
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
There's a Sucker Born Every Minute
Posted by Jenn at 9:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ah, congrats to Nicky! The kitten is beautiful! And I LOVE the name, Angelina! :) ~J
Oh, I think she is beautiful!
Yipee for Nicky!
Post a Comment