
I love the Fourth of July. I may be too liberal for the Republicans and too conservative for the Democrats, but despite what those charming politicians would say, I'm a patriot through and through. I'm not blind to the faults of our country (and they are legion) but I am not unaware of the freedoms I'm entitled to merely by being born American, and descended from such fabulous people as my Uncle Larry, brother Ron and sister Angela who all served our country in the military. Politics aside though, what's not to like about a holiday 5 days before my birthday that is celebrated w
ith family, food, and fireworks? Although only Scott's parents were joining our family party, I went overboard on the food and decorations as usual. The kids enjoyed our new mini-pool and making the inevitable s'mores. There's something distinctly patriotic in my mind about the Beach Boys, so we had them serenading us as we ate and talked to the in-laws about our recent trip to Disney. We only have a little postcard of a yard behind our twin home, but it served its purpose well today. Hot dogs never taste the same anywhere else as they do on a backyard grill on Independence Day.
Jenn
Tuesday, July 04, 2006
July Fourth Fun
Posted by Jenn at 10:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Looks like a great time. I love the 4th of July too!
Post a Comment