
So. Turns out I jinxed the weather by mentioning how lovely it was yesterday. So it rained all morning and got hot and muggy in the afternoon. Since no one felt like outdoor fun in the sticky humidity, we tossed around ideas for a replacement and came up with.... McDonald's.
Now, before you say "McDonald's??? What's fun about McDonald's??" you should probably know that about 15 minutes from our house is maybe the coolest McDonald's playland ANYWHERE. We're talking 25 foot high castle, dragon slide, alligator guarded moat playplace.
So, after finding some elusive socks (we're a no sock family in January, so you know they're stuffed at the back of a drawer in August) we headed down the road to Quakertown and Castle McD.
Being mean parents, we made the kids eat dinner before they ran off to play. Well, most of dinner. They ordered apple dippers cause they both hate fries, but they got fries. Since the cashier had already given us a free drink after he forgot to ring mine up, I felt bad going up to say something else was goofed up, so they scarfed milk and chicken nuggets and stormed the castle. They got REALLY cute pictures of each other for me, since I wasn't inclined to crawl around with them.
Scott and I relaxed and shared a fruit and walnut salad. Just for the record
, the fruit and walnut salads are the best menu item McDonald's has ever added. Meanwhile, the kids discovered that the dragon slide was FAST and began a campaign of pleading to get the adults to try it out. (We eventually caved in. It was FAST.)
On the drive there and back, we set some family goals for the rest of 2006. Tonight's dinner non-withstanding, we're all going to try to eat healthier and exercise more. We want to get the house clean before we go back to school and start a chores chart to divide work more fairly. Scott and I are going to try and be less stressed, and the kids are going to try to stay organized at school. Hopefully we can stick to it!
That just leaves one problem about today's entertainment, though... If Ronald McDonald lives in a castle, does that make him the Burger King???

1 comments:
Wow...definitely the coolest McDonald's I've EVER seen. What fun! I think it's awesome that you set goals together as a family - very nice. And I totally agree about the fruit & walnut salad - YUM
Post a Comment