Sunday, August 20, 2006

In Memoriam


Contessa, known as Tessa, my sweet precious kitty, died today. We don't know exactly what happened, but she was very sick, so it could have been natural, or the result of a fall while trying to climb.

She was the snuggliest cat ever to walk the face of this planet. She would crawl right up on you and curl up. If you didn't pet her, she'd reach out with her claws, ever so gently, and tap your hand until you did. She slept on my chest while I watched football games, and chased anything string related like the safety of the house depended on it. She was shy, and sweet, until you got to know her. Then she was demanding and sweet, always wanting a lap or attention. She loved bits of chicken and fish, and would eat out of your hand. She had the most beautiful grey coat I've ever seen until she got sick, and her eyes were like topaz. She was only with me for a year and four months, but she was a part of my heart after four minutes. I will miss her more than I can say.

I know that less than two weeks ago, I refused to talk on this blog about the loss of a wonderful man. So I have to end today's entry by saying that of course I realize that what happened today is not as important, in the grand scheme. But maybe that's why I can talk about it here. Or maybe it's because many people eulogized Bob. But I'm one of the few in the world who will remember Tessa. And while I KNOW that Bob is with the Lord, I can only pray that my sweet kitty is in the arms of the angels.

4 comments:

njscrapdiva said...

AWS, Jenn...
So sorry to hear about your kitty! I know how close you two were... and I'm pretty sure she's with the angels right now! :)

BTW...once again you have wowed me with your use of the English language!

~J

melissa said...

Oh Jenn, I so sorry to hear this sad news. I believe she's with the angels right now too!

AND, I agree with Jill -- girl you can write! I just love reading your blog -- or pretty much anything you write!

Robin said...

Jenn,
I really wasn't ready for a big cry this morning but I was pretty sure reading this about Tessa was going to do it anyway. I am really sorry that you only had a very short time with your precious Tessa. She sounds like a very special and loving kitty that will be missed a lot. I agree with the others that you are such a wonderful writer and really know how to express yourself. I think you should seriously write a novel.

holly said...

Jenn, I am so sad for you and your family. Losing a pet is so hard. She sounds like an amazing kitty and I'm sure she is in a good place now...happy and healthy, watching over you.