Monday, August 14, 2006

Game Over


After working all day, and a dinner that took far too long to cook, tonight's fun had to be simple and close to home. So we settled on a video game tournament in our own living room. Everyone picked a game and we played a four game elimination round. Then Scott, Kai and I continued to the two game semi-finals, where Nicky (in conspiracy with his sister I'm sure!) chose Sonic games, one of which I had never even played. No surprise then, that Scott and Kai advanced to the finals, where Scott defeated Kai in Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine for the title. Way to go, Nintendo Wizard!

The prize? A family trip over to Rita's Italian Ice, where we discovered to our glee that Rita's has a new taste sensation named.... Well, it doesn't actually have a name yet! They blend italian ice, frozen custard and Oreo or Nilla cookie crumbs to create multitudes of possible combinations. And they're looking for a name - with the prize of free Rita's for the year! Kai had a Cookie Jar Explosion _________, which was cookie dough ice, vanilla custard, and Oreo crumbles. I had a Banana Cream Pie ____________, which was banana ice, vanilla custard, and Nilla crumbles. Scott opted for Oreo Mint Chip ____________, which is Mint Chip ice, chocolate custard, and Oreo crumbles. Nicky? Ever the rebel, he went for a Green Apple Misto. We submitted "Vortex" as our vote for the name of the creation. Too bad Scott and I have decided to start dieting on Thursday (grocery shopping day)! But just think how guilt free our enjoyment of the occasional Rita's will be next summer when we're down to our svelte goal weights!!

Anyway, a simple but fun way to spend a family evening. We'll have to make sure to do something outside tomorrow and take advantage of the beautiful weather we're having!

0 comments: