Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Finally Scrappin' Again!


I've been so very busy that I was just THRILLED to get some time to scrapbook the last two evenings. I've finally managed to clear everything off my to-do list - until I find more things I need to do later in the week, I'm sure!

I'm really happy with this layout I made for a sketch challenge on Scrappin_FUN. I probably shouldn't post it here since so many Scrappin_FUN ladies visit my blog, but they'll know it's mine when they vote anyway - who else would be scrapping a picture of Kai?

What's neat about this layout is that I could only find ONE piece of paper that matched Kai's outfit, and I had NO clue where I got it. So I made the striped paper with paper strips, hand cut the title, and improvised! The other time consuming element was that star - I had to peel the back off and stick each individual rhinestone... urgh! But the end result was worth the effort - now I can always remember my sassy little "glam rocker"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome LO! I love the handcut title and you can't even tell the striped paper is pieced! Good luck on the win!!

Anonymous said...

very impressive! this sort of thing really is awesome, very pretty indeed. and a great photo (and i love the colours too).
*e