
Yes, I know the picture is a blur - but that's how I always think of New York anyway: a blur of color and sound and light and people! (And really, really, really bad drivers!) We all went along on my drama club trip to New York on Friday. I was glad I could take everyone, because Nicky has never even been to the city. The trip was a little stressful for me, because I had to keep track of the 52 people who were my personal responsibility, and the ushers at the theater were NOT helpful, sending my kids here there and everywhere and not wanting to let me make sure they were all situated before getting in my own seat. *sigh* But the play itself (The Phantom of the Opera, in its 18th Broadway year) was WONDERFUL. All of my drama kids were completely overwhelmed by the production. I was very proud of them for their excellent behavior - even the bus driver said what great kids they were, which means a lot when you're taking middle schoolers on a long trip! All in all, the trip was a great success. My only disappointment was that I had seen Phantom before - next year, I hope I can finangle tickets to Wicked or The Pirate Queen!
Here's a few more pictures I can show you - most feature my drama kids, which I don't think I should share on my blog without parental permission and all that jazz:

Sunday, January 14, 2007
I (heart) New York!
Posted by Jenn at 1:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment