Monday, January 15, 2007

Why Don't They Just Say It's A Cold?


So, Nicky has an "upper respiratory infection". He, of course, feels just fine now. Never mind that he came crawling into my bed at 5 AM burning up with fever again (repeat of last night). Never mind he was coughing and sniffling all morning. Never mind I took the day off work (well, off inservice, anyway) and called our family doctor. In my professional opinion, (and who's more professional than a mother?), the act of calling the doctor and making an appointment is sufficient to guarantee the complete reversal of any symptoms a child might be displaying. Just so that mom can look like an idiot, and the doctor can make her "you bothered me with this??" face. And write you a prescription for expensive antibiotics we both know she thinks he doesn't need. Don't worry. 2AM tonight, when the only option is the emergency room, he'll be miserably sick again. Then I'll be glad I have his prescription in hand. Until then, here's his very best "I'm sick" face.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO True, So True!!!
Hope he's over it, whatever it is, soon! :D