Sunday, January 14, 2007

Jack's Back


*sigh* I wait, and wait. Finally, the first night of season 6 of 24 is here. But I miss the first part, cause I KNOW 24 is on at 9. So do I ask when I need to be back from developing film? Nope. And then I get stuck at the world's slowest photo kiosk (after leaving two other places where the kiosks aren't even working!). So by the time I come in the door, Scott's hollering that I'm missing it. Huh? Oh, great. It's on at _8_ tonight. I sit down and try to catch up, calling the kids down to find out if Scott, oh, I don't know, FED them before banishing them. Only to discover that not only haven't they had dinner, but Nicky's burning up with fever. ("We didn't know if we should tell Daddy because he told us not to come downstairs," says Kai. Obviously, we need a refresher on EMERGENCIES vs. being a pest.) Needless to say, my viewing of the first two hours of Jack's day is sketchy at best, as I try to deal with a sick child and a hungry family while watching, but not letting the kids watch.

BUT, all that aside, can I just ask who else but Jack Bauer could be held by international terrorists, escape using only his wits, get a car, a cell phone, and a gun, and be storming the safe house of the terrorist leader in under 15 minutes?? It's so unbelievable, and yet... so addictive! Go, Jack- we're running out of time!!

2 comments:

wydok said...

In my own defense:

1. I wanted to eat together as a family, so I didn't feed them.

2. I fell asleep and woke up just in time to hear "The following takes place between 6am and 7am."

Anonymous said...

apparently 24 is addictive. i'm already getting sucked in (i taped it, we don't even TRY to watch things at that time of evening unless it's G rated).
and ya know, jack is great, but i'm watching cos of assad!! sid rocks my world ;-)
hope N is better soon!!

*e